Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quick and Easy Refashion


I wanted to share with you a small project that took me about 10 minutes to complete. It was right before I was leaving for a grocery shopping trip, and (imagine this) couldn't find anything to wear.

I got this top on one of my thrifting adventures. It had been laying (at the top) of the refashion pile, so I pulled it out and got to work.

Photobucket

I'm really not fond of frilly sleeves. I just don't think they look nice on my arms. I wasn't born with skinny little arms that can be adorned with much. (other than tons and tons of bracelets, but that's further down) I just grabbed my trusty fabric scissors, and carefully cut along the seam, where the frill met the elastic.
I then tried the top on, and felt as if it was too long, so I just trimmed a few inches off the bottom and was ready to go! Simple I know, but just shows how you can easily add something you like to your wardrobe even if you don't like a few things on the original garment!


Photobucket
I had my fav little photographer take this pic, but it was so late at night, we had to sacrifice some light quality...

(also, I finally re-learned how to do a fishtail braid. Soooo easy, and looks so cute!)


xoxo,

Jamie Lee

7 comments:

  1. I really should look though my clothes and do like you ! There's so many stuffs that I don't wear ...

    It looks like you spent a lot more time on your shirt ! Like you bought it like that =)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dahling!!! I love it AND you are CRAAAAZZZYYY if you think you have big arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that looks great! What a fantastic transformation, and I've been wanting to try the fishtail braid forever, such an adorable look! Hope you're having a great start to your week. ♥ veronika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great DIY project girlie and it looks so cute. Thx for sharing.

    PS. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and would love to follow each other what you think? hope to hear back from you soon.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete