Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Case of The Contact Caper and Fair Fun!

Hi Dolls!!

I know, it's been awhile. But let me tell you the deal. About a month ago I came down with a bit of pink eye in my left eye. It then, of course, spread to my right as well. I went to the ER and they gave me drops, which were heavenly but I could not get rid of the dang infection. So I battled back and forth with that...sensitivity to light..computers etc. FINALLY I got rid of it. Until I cuddled up with my Chunka watching Wizards of Waverly Place and fell asleep in my contacts. Woke up I would say, about 4am with the feeling of gravel and glass in my eye. I took the contact out thinking that would make it all better, but the sensation and pain was still there. I did manage to fall back asleep, only to wake up that morning unable to open my eye. That went on for a few hours, then I could finally squint a little, but the pain was agonizing! Not to mention I couldn't open my eye long enough for it to mean anything, or for me to get anything done, and the sensitivity to light was off the charts! The next day I called my beyond awesome love her to death eye doctor (Candace Macri) and she set me an appointment for a few hours from the call. She put numbing drops in the eye,( which was the most fabulous 15-20 minutes that I had in the past few days), so that she would be able to check it out. She confirmed that I had scratched my cornea several times over, and prescribed me antibiotic drops, which she instructed to hit hard and use every few hours. A few days after that it cleared up. But man! That was excruciating! I spent the time after that trying to find my house and my children after being stuck on the couch for days with a wet rag on my face.

So here I am now. I promise beyond all promises that I will  have a week packed with awesome things for you guys.

For now I would like to share our weekend with you. We decided that before the kids went back to school, we would bite the bullet and do some fun things, even though we couldn't afford it, and potentially leaving important things behind to do so. But hey, we never get to go on vacation or really any big trips at all. So we felt as if we had to get out and have some fun before we lost our minds.

Our first big adventure was the Lawrence County Fair. We had a ball!!I I wanted to share a few (a ton) of pictures with you!
Photobucket

Jalaya and Kyli have been begging me to order some feathers on ebay so I could do a bunch in their hair. There was a booth at the fair from the owner of Glotique Sun Spa   so I decided to just let her do it and cut out the middle man! I've been looking for a new place to get some color on the off season and they're awesome!  If you're in the New Castle Pa area definitely give them a look. They offer some really great/different things. I think I may go get my nose pierced. I've been wanting to do that for years. Also, and even more importantly, they have a service called Lumiere Red Light Therapy this is probably the one thing that I would love to do more than anything. You can read about it here.
Photobucket

Jalaya and Kyli stood at the smoking booth forever. Mesmerized. They're both little divas so I think the brown teeth will deter them from nicotine just for beauty purpose.

Photobucket

This ride is from the devil.

Photobucket

Aww, don't I look so happy and unassuming? Like as if I was going to enjoy the devil ride.

Photobucket

Jalaya was ready to make me regret life

Photobucket

Somewhere between the nausea and the shaky hands, this photo was born.
I also took a video, which I'll upload to my youtube account and update once I do.

Photobucket

The kids were in line for this crazy maze thing. Aiden was entertaining everyone with his Michael Jackson dance moves and songs. Right as he was going into his next act his pants fell down. His eyes got huge, he looked down, looked up, pulled them up, and went right back to his performance. I haven't laughed that hard in a loooong time. Priceless, just priceless.

Photobucket

My Baby Boy is growing up. He did all kinds of scare your Mama things, including racing as fast as his legs would carry him over this bridge.

Photobucket


So that's our fair fun. The next one we'll attend will be the Canfield Fair which is even bigger (and more expensive) those pics should be tons-o-fun.

xoxo,

Jamie Lee

3 comments:

  1. I love the fair every year. It's always fun to see the kids having a blast.

    So sorry about your eye. I've had eye troubles for so long. Just last year I found out the 30% of my vision in my left eye is gone and they can't do anything about it. I'm glad you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you doing better now. and you look absolutely beautiful on the devil ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Yes, the dinosaurs/teacups are a definite NO when our county fair comes around. They are from the devil and definitely should be outlawed. Glad your eyes are better. Stay gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete