Monday, August 8, 2011

The Accidental OOTD

Today was a pretty good day. Other than the short spurts of rain, the sun shined all day, and we got to go thrifting. As you know, it's ALWAYS a good day when I get to do that :)

I had my own little paparazzi at the bottom of the steps waiting for me to leave today. Well, actually Jalaya was so happy I did my hair she just snapped away. She's my blogger photographer in training.

Photobucket
Here is also where I would like to introduce you to the "arm parties" al la' The Man Repeller
and further explained here.
Photobucket
The kids even like to get in on the action at times.
Photobucket
(I promise my legs don't look orange in person:P--and you think I could've got a 'hey mom, pull your shorts down' before the photo snap?)

Honestly though, I realized there's been something holding me back from posting a lot of my outfits. I haven't bought anything 'new' all summer. And while that's really not an issue at all to me, I'm confidant in myself, comfortable with my style, I don't know why, but it made me feel less relevant in posting. Isn't that all silly? As I thought of this more and more, I came to the conclusion that being able to pull it all off is nothing less than empowering. I should be showing how I do it, what I come up with... so.. that's what I'll do from now on.

Soooo, the next series of OOTD's will be very much purposeful.


And, just on a side note, when money frees up a bit, you will be bombarded with all of my new shoes. That is what I don't mind buying new ;)

xoxo,

Jamie Lee

6 comments:

  1. you are almost famous to have your first paparazzi;) i like your pics, they are so full of life. and i can´t wait to be bombarded with all of your new shoes ;)
    love and kiss,mary

    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AB FAB Jamie! Doesn't thrifting make everything better? I love all your pics, they look so artsy (in a great way). Like, at first glance you can't tell if they're current or vintage. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S: I LOVE your personal style. Great minds indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are adorable....and I love your style! My Bella is lazy about picture taking, she is off and on. It would be fun to have her do the pics every once in a while so I could have both hands free. What kind of filter or photo editor do you use? Pics looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is crazy cool ! I'm loving it :) and your little one seems to be a good photographer =D lucky you !!!

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean... for me sewing has kept me from shopping so much, but shoes that's another story! Love your post and can't wait to see more from you :)

    ReplyDelete