Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Fabulous Growing Gift

Aren't yard sales amazing? There is definitely a place in the world for people who inspire to do certain things but never get around to them. That's precisely when us DIY/crafty mavens come in to take all of the junk and unused items and supplies off of your hands at a small price :)

Such is the thing with my big gift. Jalaya walked into the dining room where I was a few weekends ago with a huge box in her arms. She had been yard sale-ing with my mother-in-law as she usually does on Saturday mornings, but this time she came home with a surprise for Mama!

I have to admit I almost thought there was a puppy in that big box for a minute. Then my common sense kicked in.

This is what I found upon opening the box;
Photobucket
FLOWER SEEDS! And lots of them! For every row of seeds you see pictured here, there are 4 more packets under them and all are different types of flowers.

Then, I lifted the Styrofoam containing the seeds to see what was underneath
Photobucket
COLORFUL CERAMIC POTS! OH-MY-GOODNESS. I was in heaven! I almost cried. Jalaya was thrilled beyond belief to be the bearer of my most favorite present all year. There are even little peat pots inside of each container to push the seeds into.
Photobucket
The story is there are 12 pots so you can plant a flower for every month of the year.
Photobucket
Great isn't it? For only 2 DOLLARS!!! You can't beat that price. So I'm thinking of setting up a makeshift greenhouse in my pantry to start the seeds. I don't think most of them will bloom before summer ends though... so maybe I should wait. On the other hand, I have no idea how long this kit marinated on someones shelf before they decided it was best to just sell it... What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!! (and I'd just get started on those seeds right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Those would be great displayed on a shelf! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME find! They are so cute... I would start the seeds as soon as possible, I'm confident they will grow with lots of love and attention!

    By the way, thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog Jamie, it really made my day and put a smile on my face! I'm lovin' your blog too.... :)

    Catherine
    InspireBohemia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete