Sunday, July 3, 2011

Little Bit of Gardening, & A Sneak Peek

Once again, I've been gone awhile. Allan went out of town for the week, so it was just the kids and I Mon-Fri. While I didn't get a chance to post, I sure did get an awful lot done. Our first adventure was a trip to Lowes to find a few dying flowers we could nurse back to life.

True to form, the kids had a blast. Like I said, everything's an adventure.



Photobucket
Jalaya making a face as I say; 'Jalaya loves Justin Beiber'




Photobucket
The bird bath at Lowes we all collectively fell in love with




Photobucket




Photobucket
The concrete outside was wet from watering the flowers, so the kids took their flip flops off and splashed while we drooled over the beautiful flowers! (Of course, Aidie wanted to splash not pose for any photos)




Photobucket
These orange roses were beyond gorgeous! I've realized that I need them in my backyard.


Photobucket


The kids were so good when we ran our errands that I told them they could both pick a snack in the checkout when we were at Wal-Mart. Aidie happily obliged for a picture of his choice.

Photobucket
AAAAAnd while I took a picture of Aid, Jalaya was already tearing into her candy bar. The remains were in her mouth.


I never actually got around to photographing the huge pot of geraniums that I bought for ONE DOLLAR!! They were looking a bit under-watered and sad, but they had brand new buds forming, and weren't leggy at all, so I snatched those suckers up. I've snapped pics of where I planted them after separating, so that will be in the next garden post. I also bought 2 Jacob's Ladder plants, and a Astible. Those 2 I did photograph and will also be included in the garden post.

I also wanted to let you all know that I'm not telling stories, I actually DID finish mod podging and painting the dresser, but I wasn't happy with the knobs. So, with the help of Big Al, I decided to make new ones, I'm still currently working on them, but I want to give you a sneak peek of the dresser:



Photobucket


And here's a peek at the knob project as well:


Photobucket


So, that's my update. I have a few more completed things that I will be sharing with you in the next few days, I'm thinking of making my love of gardening a weekly segment, what do you think? Lots more coming up, so stay tuned!!

Love you all,

Jamie Lee

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a fabulous day out with the kids! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete