Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cranky Kiddos

You should probably know, that with the exception of taking my daughter to both her Hip Hop & Broadway Dance classes (at Ludovici Dance Academy) I have been in the house for the last few days. My son has been very under the weather, with a cold and on and off fevers. He's usually just docile and even more of a cuddlebug than normal when he's sick, but this time he veered off that path in favor of being the Whine Boss. He acts as if it's my personal fault and problem that he doesn't feel well. He's just been so angry at me. It's my fault he's cold, he wants to nap and when he wakes up, it was my fault he had fallen asleep...you can't win with this kid! Oh, and he has a small obsession with Lady Gaga and all he wanted to do all day in between being The Snotty Terror was to watch interviews of her because he 'loves to watch her talk'. It's both hilarious and crazy inducing. On top of that I've walked around this house in between sweaty naps looking like that scary girl (another of Aid's obsessions) from The Ring movie. Hubby got home super early today, making me want to fall at his feet in gratitude, and also smell my armpits to make sure I didn't make him want to flee back to work.

Seriously though, I have a file full of pictures of projects that I've started and finished, and uh didn't finish... I desperately need to share it all with you. Here are a few things for you to check out!

This is a picture board for Chunka's bedroom wall. I initially had done it years ago, but she had grown out of it, so I wanted to replace it with something a little more funky. It's first life had been a boring old cork board that had graced my walls as a teen, then I took some tossed carpet padding, cut it to size and padded the cork board. I then cut the width of the board out of some cute pink and green polka dotted fabric, stapled it to the back, attached some pretty ribbon and hung it up. So now it's going to be just a little more grown. Chunk's heading head first into her tween stage. She acts as if I'm trying to ruin her seasoned little life by making her sleep in a room that's so..so.. childish!!


Photobucket

Photobucket



My supplies such as the fabric and ribbon are all bought (this time around) from Wal-Mart. Sad, I know, but our Joannes, Micheals, and Hobby Lobby are all about 25 minutes away in Boardman. So, most of the time the meager craft section is what I have to make do with in a pinch.

So, speaking of meager, that's the first thing I'm going to share in regards to my projects. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to look like a hot, good smelling JLee/Mom again. Maybe I'll even do my hair! If I do, I'll make sure to take pics!

Until tomorrow dolls,

No comments:

Post a Comment