Friday, January 20, 2012

Easy Sweater Refashion

This sweater has been one of the things that's sat in my project pile forever.  The before pictures are from 2006 when I was pregnant with my son.  I adored this sweater. It's such a great color with the rich orange and hints of red.  I believe I bought it at Charlotte Russe, it was meant to be a dress, but I wore it as a tunic with leggings while prego.  About every winter after that I've pulled it out to work it into something I could wear again, since it was much too long without that big belly in front of me.  So I bit the bullet a few evenings ago and got to work on the refashion.

null

Try to ignore how fat my face was. I am definitely not one of those pretty pregnant people. I'm a get big in every area of your body prego person.
null

I cut a little hole in the sweater where I wanted the bottom ribbing to be attached. Then I ran a seam right above that just to be on the safe side and keep it from unraveling. I also ran a stitch above the bottom ribbing as well. Then I pinned and attached the 2 together. I then pressed it to get the little bump out of the bottom, and PRESTO!! I can now wear it as a regular ol' sweater that no longer has the awkward long space in the middle.




null
By the way, Allan HATES red lipstick on me. But I adore it. Thoughts?
 
So that's it.  Very simple, took me about 45 minutes and I had a new sweater to add to my wardrobe!

1 comment: